Sunday, November 28, 2010

Pity party of one


Cheers, originally uploaded by A-Wix.

Not much to say tonight except that I miss my wife, I am intimidated by the list of tasks on the Get The House Ready To Sell List, I wish I could've had a long holiday weekend, and I'm hoping I can keep it together next spring when the twins (we'll call them Skeeter and Skipper) arrive, while simultaneously finishing my last rotation, studying for the boards, graduating, looking for a job, and looking for a house.

I am not dreading the arrival of that maelstrom, but rather wondering how I can thrive in it, not just survive it. I feel like it's going to be a rapid transition to wearing the big boy pants. I will not be the freeloading student, contentedly letting my wife bring home the bacon like she's done for the last three years while I've been "studying" in "grad school." Instead it will be my turn to take my place as Man of the House and provide for my family.

I don't want to just get through that crazy span of time. I want to be a really good dad from the get-go. I want to look back at that crazy span of time and say that I kicked its ass.

Cue the Rocky theme and time to punch some sides of beef. I'm the best around. Nothin's gonna ever bring me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment