Thursday, January 27, 2011

Soccer Players or Male Rockettes

The biggest thrill of the past two weeks has been the palpable activity of Boy 1 and Boy 2. They have been kicking and flipping and twisting and making all sorts of in utero workout routines. At least, so says Mama Bear. Every time she comes home and tells me that the boys were practicing their floor routines, I have a moment of gender envy and wish I could know what she is experiencing just for a moment. (And that one moment would be plenty.) I imagine our boys looking something like this when they are active:



Twice I have had the good fortune to feel them/one of them move. Both times it felt like a mini lightning bolt of wonder shot through my hand straight to my heart. It almost hurt, it was so incredible. I can't wait to meet these guys.

taser

The house continues to have lots of foot traffic but no buyers, save for one low-ball offer that we turned down. (Fingers crossed that that wasn't a bad idea.) It's frustrating that we aren't able to start putting a nursery together now because we are hoping to be somewhere else when the babies arrive. We have all this cool stuff to put up and make this "parenting" thing a little more real, but our hands are tied and it remains boxed up for now. Patience, Papa Bear. All will work out.

(By the way, we are praying madly that things will all work out.)


Twenty three weeks



Heard:
I've been digging into a couple new records lately. The first is Poison & Wine EP from The Civil Wars, a haunting and sweet little collection of songs for those who like beautiful tunes with a tragic tint to them. A great set of sounds for those who like Iron & Wine, O Brother, Where Are Thou? and things involving crossroads.



 The second is Your Love Never Fails from Jesus Culture. This one heavily features Chris Quilala, Kim Walker, and Melissa How. I've been rediscovering some of the newer worship music out there and I've liked this one, mostly because of how unbelievably rockstar Kim Walker is when she leads the songs. It's a natural talent, not a showy putting on of "lead singer-ness." It's raw and incredible. "Sing My Love" is excellent.

What have you guys been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment