Friday, December 10, 2010

Boxes, brush, and blizzards

We were recently gifted with this treasure trove of moving boxes, courtesy of our favorite friends in Highland Park. Winning the lottery would have made me only slightly happier than I was to receive this wonderful gift.

This weekend involves several possibly conflicting plans: I need to clear a two-year accumulation of brush from a corner of the garage to make room for boxes that are coming out of the basement. We live close to a county yard waste drop-off site, so no problems there. EXCEPT that we are supposed to get the largest snowstorm in 19 years tomorrow. So I have the brilliant idea to instead burn the vast supply of brush in our fireplace (which I just cleaned) to provide a lovely backdrop of homey warmth to the nastiness outside. Mama Bear is (rightly) unconvinced. "You'll drag junk all through the house. It will take you forever. We have other stuff to do."

These things are all true, but I am unswayed. We'll see who wins out tomorrow morning. (Safe bet is on Mama Bear, not me.)

If you're in the Twin Cities area, stay safe tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I am in agreement with Mama Bear! Papa Bear sounds just like his father in his logic (is illogic a word?). That is a lot of cubic feet of boxes. Might be time to get a sealing tape gun.

    ReplyDelete